Monday, July 10, 2017

Do yourself a favour


I'm not saying I reinvented the wheel or anything but last week I developed a toasted sandwich that was pretty damn good. Maybe other people have already been making it. I don't know. All I know is that an idea popped into my head and I could not rest until it was in my mouth. And once it had been in my mouth I could not rest until I'd found its best iteration. 

I call it the apple pie toastie. It's like eating apple pie but without all the effort and I guess without so much sugar or fat. It's basically a simple, not too unhealthy sweet treat and I just think if you're into these flavours you may as well give it a go. This is the best way to do it: grate a green apple, mix that with a little sugar and cinnamon to taste (me, I go heavy on the cinnamon) put it in some white bread, butter the outside and sprinkle a little sugar on top to get a nice caramel crust. Toast it in a sandwich maker. Eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment