Friday, June 30, 2017

What's in a word?



First let me just say that K's goat-penguin plate from yesterday was amazing! When I started reading that post I have to say I was expecting to be underwhelmed. I mean what could a small penguin plate do that would blow my mind. But was I wrong. People are so cool. Conceptualising and then actualising that image. People are the best. And so are goat-penguins. 

But not everything is so cool. Like marketers and fashion websites. Yesterday I got an email from an Australian online fashion retailer that announced "Our presummer swimwear is in!"   That's a pretty liberal interpretation of "presummer".  Me, I'd consider presummer the period just before summer, also known as spring. A time where you may be actually considering swimming. But I guess technically winter is presummer too, if by presummer you mean any time in the year that is before summer. Tonight the expected minimum is 2 degrees. So you can keep your presumer swimwear to yourself!

And welcome home mate!

No comments:

Post a Comment