Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I have a new mantra (AM)

When I say I have a new mantra it is not that I really had a mantra before this. Unless you count ‘sausages’. Sausages was the mantra we, Chickpea, Russeth and I, prescribed to our parents as children because they meditated and refused to tell us their mantra. And I guess not fully understanding how things work we decided sausages was a possible word they may meditate with. I can only assume that Chickpea was the mastermind behind this and it is possible she had a better understanding than me of the whole meditation thing. Or maybe she didn't. Whatever the truth is, throughout my childhood I always used to pretend to meditate with the word sausages.

I don’t pretend to meditate anymore but I have started to use a mantra, “I hate stuff”.

You see guys, I don’t know if you know this about me, but actually, I love stuff!! And this weird thing happens at Christmas. I want to buy heaps of stuff! For me! It’s not that I don’t like giving presents to people. I do. I love buying and giving presents. But I love doing that for me too! Perhaps it’s the additional advertising and push to sell that does it. Perhaps it is the start of summer and the promise of a beautiful summer  life. I don’t know. I just know I want stuff. And so, in attempt to curb my desire for stuff, every time I feel the feeling I just think “I hate stuff!”

I hate stuff like this:



And stuff like this:





And I hate stuff like this:




I hate stuff.

I hate stuff.

I hate stuff.

I hate stuff.

Now, please excuse me. I need to go focus on my mantra.

I hate stuff.

I hate stuff.






No comments:

Post a Comment