Tuesday, October 2, 2012

What the eff is BB cream? (AM)


On Saturday morning, I took myself off to get a pedicure. I was terribly hungover and needed to feel better - fast. Readers, if I am ever out drinking with you and I suggest we end the night with a whisky, know this: I am already drunk and absolutely do not need that whisky. That's not to say I won't enjoy it, but I definitely will not need it. Though, to be fair, what is 'needing' whiskey? I'm not sure I want that either. 
Anyway, there I was on Saturday morning: my feet in a warm bath, my person in a warm massage chair, my face in a magazine,  and friends, it was totally working. But then I turned the page and saw this:


Loreal Nude Magique.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA I thought to myself. Nude Magique! What a stupid name!  I sat there chuckling away.  
But the I read the ad properly.  "BB Magic. The 1st self-adjusting  BB Cream" it said.  
Um, what the eff is BB cream?  
Since when did it become a thing? Do people wear it? What is it all about?

I turned to the internet for answers. According to Wikipedia "BB Cream stands for blemish balmblemish base, or beblesh balm (apparently because of a copyright in Korea on the word "blemish")". 
HAHAHA. Beblesh Balm. 
Wikipedia goes on to say "BB cream is promoted as an all-in-one facial cosmetic product to replace serum, moisturizer, primer, foundation, and sunblock."
Well well well. Doesn't that sounds like a lazy girl's wet cream?
Sounds a little too good to be true if you ask me. What is it, a Thermomix?

I thought about nicking the sample from the magazine at the pedicure place so I could see for myself, but I felt guilty just thinking about it so I didn't. Instead I bought my own copy of that magazine last night so I could try this Nude Magique. Turns out I bought the wrong magazine and instead of a sample of Nude Magique, it just had this picture of Megan Gale trying to sell me a different BB cream from the Loreal stable.


Megan is quoted as saying "We all talk about it....skin that looks perfect today and younger tomorrow."
Clearly, we move in different circles, Megan.

Anyway, I guess my suspicion and my laziness means I still don't really know what the eff BB cream is.


No comments:

Post a Comment