Tuesday, September 25, 2012

What just happened? (AM)

Last night I sat down to write about Aaron Paul and just when I started writing, an ad for Rivers came on. Of course I was watching the Emmys at the time, you know, hoping to see Aaron Paul and then this Rivers ad came on. It was an ad for clogs. The whole ad is about the fact that they are super ugly shoes but only cost $5. "They're ugly. $4.90. They're so ugly. $4.90" You know the usual Rivers style.

I'd put a picture of them here but I don't want that ugly shit on my blog. I stared at the screen for a minute trying to figure out if I'd really seen what I thought I'd seen. Then I looked at this bottle of bittersōt ōrtsnaps I'd just opened and wondered if that had anything to do with it.





Then I actually laughed out load at a joke made on the Emmys. Must be the bittersōt ōrtsnaps. But it was made by Melissa McCarthy and she is really funny so maybe the joke was funny and the Rivers ad was real. Then I googled for a translation of bittersōt ōrtsnaps turns out google has never even heard of these words!

When suddenly I remember, holy shit. J, haven't you been smoking peyote for six straight days? And couldn't some of this, maybe, be in your mind? It was. I was totally fine. I've never even been to Mount Vesuvius.


No comments:

Post a Comment