Monday, March 5, 2012

What happened this weekend? (AM)

I had a very, very quiet weekend. It can pretty much be summed up by the fact that I had 2 minute noodles for dinner on Saturday night. That could basically be a metaphor for the whole weekend. It was OK, but highly uninspired. Last night I made a delicious tart , so food-wise things got better at least. All weekend I kept feeling like maybe I was about to get sick. I never did, but at least that would have been something.

Anyway, because I was bored I thought I would ask Google what happened this weekend, but sadly I don't even know because I kept getting distracted by Google suggestions..

As I started typing, the predictive text started coming and by the time I got to 'what happen...' Google thought I was going to ask 'What happens when you die?' followed by 'What happened to Seal's face?'


Um, really? The two most asked questions starting with that phrase are 'What happens when you die?' and  'What happened to Seal's face?'?!?!?! WHAT HAPPENED TO SEAL'S FACE?!?

In fact I once looked that up on Wikipedia so I knew it was disease related (discoid lupus erythematosus, specifically) but I let Google take me there anyway. It was boring and I couldn't even find out if Seal and Heidi Klum were still broken up so I thought about going back to my original search until I saw the bottom of the Google screen. You know, the bit where Google suggests related searches?

Searches related to what happened to Seal's face:

Lupus (Of course, this belongs on the list - people want to know more about the disease)
What happened to Steve from Blue's Clues (Um, what?)
Discoid lupus erythematosus (Naturally, more learning about Seal's condition)
What happens when you die (Guys, that disease was in the past, Seal is going to be OK!)
What happened to Declan from neighbours (Who the eff is Declan from Neighbours and what has he got to do with Seal)
What happened to Steve from Blue Clues (Really?! This is here again? What's the big deal with Steve from Blues Clues? Who is Steve from Blues Clues?)



Of course I had to find out more about Steve from Blue's Clues. Apparently after he left Blues Clues (yeah, I don't know - it's a kids show, I've never seen it either) rumours ran rife!

According to Wikipedia: The "specious claims" included dying from a heroin overdose, being run over by a car, and being replaced, like Paul McCartney of The Beatles, by a look-alike. Some viewers claimed that "clues" regarding Burns' demise were placed within the show.

In case you don't know what Steve from Blue's Clues looks like, here is a picture:


I know, right? No wonder he captured the imagination of so many people.

So I can't tell you what happens when we die or what happened on the weekend, but at least two of life's mysteries have been solved here today. Blue would be so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment