Thursday, August 11, 2011

An open letter to Gorman

Dear Gorman,

I have been buying stuff from you for a long time. Since you had interesting clothes and I had to buy them from Fat. And now, even though you are not as great and an actual sell out, I still buy your clothes. But the other week I had a really disappointing experience. It was when you had that half price sale for three days. First, I witnessed the worst retail work. I have really strong feelings about how sales assistants should behave. They should be present and helpful but definitely not pushy. Or up in my business. Like, I don’t need you to tell me that this dress would look really cute with a belt or anything. I dress myself everyday. Usually pretty well. But sometimes, I do need assistance, or a little encouragement. An absent sales assistant can make me not buy stuff. Likewise a pushy one. It’s delicate. Anyway, I can assure you there was no good retail assistance happening that day.

I was waiting for dressing room and there was a girl in one of the rooms trying on dresses, coming out, checking herself out. You know what? She looked great in that dress, but she looked really unsure and kind of without confidence, but she seriously looked great. There was a sales girl standing RIGHT NEXT TO ME not doing anything. Maybe folding something. But that poor girl in the dress was getting no attention. It was awful. So awful that I stepped in and told her she looked great. And I almost never chose to talk to strangers.

That is really by the by. Later I was all ready to buy my stuff. But there was only one register in action. Geez, Gorman. It was a big sales day. Why was there only one register? And OMG, the chick at the register was just chatting away as people queued up to make purchases. Such a drag at the best of times. But I had tickets to see Harry Potter. The talking just went on and on and Harry Potter was starting in minutes. I had waited as long as I could and I really had to go so I asked the woman at the register what time they shut. Six o’clock she told me. Great. So after Harry Potter finished, and I had basically gone on the biggest emotional roller coaster of my LIFE, I went to make my purchases. Got there at 5:52. And you know what. It was FUCKING SHUT! I had just seen the last Harry Potter movie. OK?! I was feeling pretty fucking emotional. OK?!? And you lied to me and denied me the things I was willing to give you hundreds of dollars for you know what?! I’m really annoyed. FORGET YOU!

Love
J

No comments:

Post a Comment