Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Next blog

Do you ever hit 'Next Blog' on the navigation bar at the top of Miss Soft Crab? Or any other blog? I had never done it before Miss Soft Crab was born. Then one day I did it. And it took me to a blog where a woman (I think, it had that vibe) seemed to whinge a lot. Something about cleaning a house. And there were pictures of cat shit. It was really depressing. I jumped away quite quickly, but I wish I stayed longer to check it out. You know, out of curiosity. But it's kind of like I was scared, as if that woman would see me. Like I was playing chat roulette and did not want to engage. But I am more confident now.

People must do 'Next Blog' a lot. I'm sure that is how we get the bulk of our international audience. Not everyone is finding Miss Soft Crab by googling shit twins. (Fact: Our blog stats tell us that twice a search for 'shit twins' has brought readers to our page. WTF?! What does that even mean?! I am kind of upset I did not invent this term.) I mean, I know that when I thought random Jordanians were reading this it turned out to be a regular and accounted for reader. And I know that our Germany stats may be skewed. But from what I can tell people in the US, Croatia and Malaysia are pressing 'Next Blog' plenty. (Hello to you if that's how you got here.)

Anyway, sadly I have never come across Cat Shit Lady again (and hello if you are reading this after doing a search on that phrase) and most blogs are pretty boring (sorry). There are so many family blogs. But then I read this on someone's family blog:

John and I finally had a Date Night on Thursday and it was so nice to get away for a few hours just the two of us. We didn't have to worry about chasing our two year old around or keeping our 2 month old baby happy thanks to our awesome mom Julie who babysat for us.


Um, is that woman dating her brother? Why is she going on a date with John when they seem to share a mother!!?? Unless Marky Mark turns up on your date night I am pretty sure no-one is interested.

After that there was another family blog. Then a blog by some pregnant woman who has named her IN UTERO baby Sloan!

What I have learned is that there are a lot of family blogs out there. And each is more boring than the last. After all the family blogs I came upon this:
A frank and sometimes bitter blog about what it's like to deal with female infertility.

Sheesh! I mean, I know this is an important issue or whatever. But is that all that's out there? Mother's gushing about their in and ex utero babies or non-mothers crying about it.

PLEASE COME BACK CAT SHIT LADY!

No comments:

Post a Comment